Sunday, February 05, 2006

So, I know this sounds really bad and would probably be up for worst mother of the year award... but my daughter, my new 3 month old baby, is a nightmare. There I said it. Sue me. Today actually wasn't as bad as it normally is, but on an average day, she cries about 95% of the time she is actually awake. Forget the car and that old "put em' to sleep quick trick"... yeah I call BS! Naps... what naps?

Because she screams like she is being strangled as soon as she sees the inside of the car, it makes getting out to do errands impossible. I really feel like I am held hostage here. Luckily, I love the new house, but have to admit, I miss my Target shopping! I HOPE to GOD that this doesn't carry on much longer. Oh, and to top things off.... she is only "happy" when she gets carried. That makes getting ANYTHING done around the house imposible as well. At first I thought it was just colick, im , no that wasn't it. My son was NEVER like this!

Please tell me it will get better... even if ya have to lie... just tell me... please.

6 Comments:

Blogger amykat said...

Corina, you just responded to my "kick-out clause" question on 2peas, so I jumped over to your blog.

Girl, it gets better. You know it does! Just push through. The days that you think you may go crazy, just get through the next minute. Sometimes you have to focus on putting one foot in front of the other without taking off at a sprint and heading for the hills!

Being a mom is HARD! Babies can be so hard! Just sniff her when she finally is asleep (carefully though . . . you don't want to wake her)!

Get more than 2 hours sleep at a time and then determine how you feel. It will be better, I swear!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

Corina! It will get better. Trust me. My is 5 right now and she scrapbooks with me, stamps with me, etc. It gets so much easier! Hugs.

Michelle

10:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It will get better! You are definatly not the worst mother at all. Our little ones drive us crazy every now and then. It is so true, that you need to get out! I know this is easier said than done, but maybe try taking her on short trips out of the house, like down the street to the park for a little bit, and then just keep going farther and farther until she gets used to just going. My little one hated the car in the beginning, but now he just laughs in the car seat all the time.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl! It gets better. :-)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Deanna- yep Dee-na said...

my DD is/ was more clingy than my son too baby... don't worry. (i have a Blake/son also...) i have just had to let her cry more. it got mind boggling at times but this year she went to preschool at 1 yr of age.. it's only 2 half days. it helped her a lot... she's not as clingy. sometimes u just feel like crap and have to do what you have to do to get through it... i totally understand! i have no clue what all could be up with the crying but i know my son totally switched to soy formula and that was good for his fussiness.
i know it will get better though... sometimes you just have go do things even when they don't cooperate and they get used to it.
hope u feel better soon.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first little one was that way until I discovered an amazing "trick." I swaddled him extremely tight so he couldn't move, help in a "nursing" position with a binky in his move and patted his bottom. He was out in mere seconds once I started doing that. Hope that helps you!! It's so hard when they won't stop crying.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com