Sunday, November 06, 2005

Our New Arrival Is Here


Seems like I was pregnant forever, but at 38 weeks, Makena Alyssa decided it was her time to enter the world! I had been feeling different that week, almost like I knew she was arriving very soon. Joe went into work that Tuesday night and I was at home, doing what I always do... internet surfing! At about 2AM on Wednesday, October 19, my contractions began to feel slightly different. I called Joe and said I thought he should come home because I was starting to feel some pain, but wasn't quite sure if "this was it"! In a matter of 1/2 hour, contractions went from every 10-15 minutes to 3 minutes apart! I called Joe again and this time I said "HURRY... this is it"!!! He made it home in about 20 minutes, got stopped by CHP, and showed up... still in his uniform. We made it to the hospital around 3:45 or so, got checked out and was 5 cm. Within about 20 minutes I was sitting more comfortable with my epidural in place! My sister and Joe's mother were there by about 6am or so and then we waited. Didn't have any luck getting sleep, but there was no way I could sleep with the baby's feet stuck under my ribs! It is the onmly pain I felt, thank God! By 11am I was completely dialated and ready to push. Makena Alyssa was born at 11:18am and was perfect!

Almost 3 weeks later, we are still adjustng to having a little one around! Joe is completely in love with her and will not leave her alone. He is constantly kissing and touching and poking her... he is one proud daddy! Although I knew he would be great with her, I never anticipated this! Joe always wants to feed her, change her diaper, hold her... I swear he is more maternal than I am! We still aren't sleeping well, but hopefully soon she can give us a 4 or 5 hour stretch! For now, we are just enjoying our new addition and can't wait to bring the family to the new house and start our "new" life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com