Saturday, March 18, 2006

A not so funny, funny story

So, Joe works midshift and gets home around 12:30am thursday-sunday. I always stay up on the computer until he gets home. Being the dorks we are and since we moved into the new house and having a lot of "spare" room, he tries to sneak in the house and we kind of hide from one another (most of the time he finds me first and scares the crap out of me). So, last night, I heard the front door jiggle a little bit, like a key in the door... so I did what I normally do, jump up and go hide. 5 minutes or so later, I hadn't heard anything else anywhere, so I started to tip toe around and try to find him. The phone rang and I "knew" it was him trying to get me to talk, so he could find me first.... well I didn't answer it. After another 10 minutes I thought to myself "Dang.... he is really serious about this tonight!" So, I grabbed the phone and called him... but didn't say anything, hoping that I could "hear" him. Well I couldn't....

So I decided to give up. Went back to the bedroom and sat down. Called him back and told him I gave up. He was like "What the heck are you talking about?" I told him I heard him at the door, blah blah blah. He told me that he was still at the station, caught up on a late arrest he had. I thought to myself "Man... he sure is persistent!"

Long story a little longer... I ended up calling the police after I realized he was serious about not being home! I got all freaked out because I KNOW I heard the door. Sheriff came out, did a check, Joe got home soon after, did his own check, then he shook his head at me the rest of the night!

We have decided it's not a good idea to not scare each other anymore... at least for awhile!

3 Comments:

Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

oh my gosh corinna! i'm so glad that everything's okay. i think your little routine is cute though!!!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad everything is alright Corinna! Cute story about hide and seek though :)!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's happened to me before, except Nick is not a policeman, nor is our place big enough for us to play hide and seek. Sooo, we try to scare each other at the door by swinging the door open really quickly. LOL.

It happened to me in the daytime and for some reason, instead of my flying the door open, I waited a few minutes and decided to let him open the door and I would just jump at him.
After a few minutes of waiting, I looked out the window and seen the guy running away. It turned out later that he was some guy high on drugs that stole a car from our neighborhood and died 30min. later. FREAKY!

And after that, we don't do the "scare" thing anymore either.

I hope you don't get any more weirdos trying to get into your home. Skeddddddy...

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com