Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sit down and listen up!!!!

Another long one lady friends....

** Very Touched **

So lately I have been feeling like a chicken with my head cut off! With the store opening and me makin new goodies, I haven't really had any time to do much of anything else, let alone stalk the DST gallery and praise... which I LOVE to do! But in the midst of the madness last week, I got a PM that made my day! Here is what it said...

"Hi Corina,

I'm really pretty newish to digiscrapping, but, you know, I try. Anyway, I've been coveting your items at PDW and last night, while I was trying to find the perfect quote for a picture of my neighbor/best friend's son, I wandered over to PDW to look at your Arsenal (which I bought, despite my resolution not to buy anything until my house sells {sigh}). And there, right there, was the perfect quote for my friend's ds. Her little guy is having such a hard time - he's ADHD and possibly early-onset bipolar, has a new step-mom and step-baby brother, but he is a sweetheart and a brilliant kid who, unfortunately, probably because of all the stuff he's dealing with, failed first grade and has to repeat it this year. Anyway, so I took this picture and wanted a quote to go with it, and you had it. I posted it here at DST ( The Neighbor's Son ) but the thing is, when I sent it to my friend, she cried. Said it was the perfect quote and...and...anyway, just wanted to say thanks, and to let you know I love your stuff! (And please make more quote/word art!)"

Signed
Natalie

So, when I went to go have a lookie, I just felt good. I don't know why, but it made me take a sec to really go and look at someone's layout close and think about it. She did an awesome job with it and it meant a lot to me that she took the time to jot down a little note for me to see! So, thanks girly!!!

** Official Printer Drawer Contest Info **

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE seeing what people have been doing with my boxy thing! With every layout I see, I notice some cool and "inventive" technique or what not. I have gotten quite a few requests about doing a contest with them and was totally hesitant about it cuz I hate the whole "contest" idea... but alas I have given in to peer pressure and will do one now.... I AM looking forward to seeing all the neato stuff though!

Not much to it in the terms of guidelines but here it is:

-use my printers drawer in a layout... you can use either black or white (sold individually also- black and white )
-use any other products from any other designers, but the printers box must be the "background" and extra ++'s for using more of my gooides hehe
-post a link to your layout here on my blog (link on post below this one entitled "Printer's Drawer Contest Entries"
-post anytime from now until Sunday, August 6th 10pm (pacific standard time)
-my CT and I will pick a winner and post the results sometime that week
-1 entry per person please... so make it good and make it count

..... the prize?.........

The winner will receive a gift certificate to my entire "store" at PDW ! This means ONLY my products and not the products of ANY other designer there, so don't get loopy and think you hit the jackpot of all jackpots! Winner MUST use the GC within 48 hours and it is ONLY good for products up at that time... basically EVERYTHING that is up now! Second and third place winners will also get a little sumthin' sumthin'!

.... some inspiration to get ya started.....

Here are some samples of my girls work for ya's:


angie Posted by Picasa


traci Posted by Picasa


kim Posted by Picasa


kc Posted by Picasa


brit Posted by Picasa


amy Posted by Picasa


gina Posted by Picasa

That enough inspiration for ya's????? If you have any questions about the contest details, email me at cnielsen11@hotmail.com !!!! Have a fab weeky! Now go scrap!!!

Oh but before you do... here is a teaser for ya....


teaser Posted by Picasa

comin' soon to a PDW near you.... pending an approval!

7 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

Dude. I so wish I was eligible. *sigh*

What a cool contest! Can't wait to see what happens....

4:51 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

How sweet is that?! I love that LO and that quote. Awesome.

I freakin LOVE your work! I am almost obsessed LOL...you are seriously my idol. I started digi-scrappin in Jan 06 and you are just so much further ahead of me! Great work!!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Beth {kewl_jive} said...

WOW! What a kewl contest! Goodluck ladies. Beth

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladies get crackin' on your printer box..as in right now. The prize is huuuge. Can't wait to see the different versions of this. Good luck everyone! So excited!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Hi Corina, Wow, there it is! I'm very touched that you included it here, but when my friend called me, crying, about how perfect it was for her ds, I felt like I had to tell *someone*. And lest I forget, thanks again for making such cool stuff!

7:29 AM  
Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

you're so cool :)

that drawer thingy is AWESOME! love it!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so sweet, that's what scraping is all about, making beautiful memories.

Corina, Corina, Corina, girl you need to stop!! I'm going to go broke LOL!! Didn't get a chance to buy on Friday (like I was planning damn pay pal lol) but will be getting tons of your things on Tuesday including those sweet clusters :D!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com