Friday, October 20, 2006

MIA....

Let me preface by saying sorry for my jumbled post... so much going on.. bear with me!

So, yesterday was my little baby's 1st bday! Joe and I had a bunch of things planned, but things got interuppted when my dad started to worry me a bit... most of you don't know, but my dad moved in with Joe and I right before we bought the new house. He had a stroke a few years ago and feared that it would happen again and didn't want to burden us.... but we convinced him that staying with us was the best thing for everyone.

He has had a cold for the past couple of months, yes months, like 3! I suppose that as you get older colds hit you a bit stonger? That's what I'm told anyways. Anyways, my dad normally came downstairs everyday and stayed down for most of the day, but for the past month I'd say.... he stopped coming down all together, like not even to eat. I would make meals and bring them up to his room for him (not that he ate much of it anyways, but I brought them). Joe and I figured that it was just because he was feeling so bad. He has had appointments with his specialists during this time, so i figured that if there was any concern... they'd let me know.

Anywho, yesterday he ventured downstairs for the baby's bday, to see her for a bit. He was laying on the couch, then walked over to the dining room table, looked at one of the chairs, looked outside, looked at the chair, put his hand out like he was going ot pull it out, put his hand down, looked again.... at this point Joe, his mom, and I looke dta each other and knew something was wrong, so I aske dhim "papa, you ok... what do you need?" he told me that he wanted to sit down, so I came over, pulled th chair out for him... he sat down and literally 5 seconds later he got up, pushed in the chair and started the whole process over again with the looking and hand and everything.

That prompted me to call his doctor.... when I gave his symptoms, they said to call 911... instead I lied to him and told him that his doctor wanted to see him (since this was the ONLY way I could get him in the car to go anywhere)... he agreed and I ended up taking him to the ER.... 4 hours later they found that he had phenmonia and because of the way he was acting AND because he has dropped down to 95 pounds, they admitted him, indefinately....

When I went in this AM, they told me that he had a stroke on top of his phenmonia AND needs a blood transfusion because some levels of his blood were dangerously low and if he does nothing, that he could possibly have a heart attack... be safe than sorry I guess.

I'm actually on my way back in, but wanted to post this here in hopes that people who might be trying to get on contact with me might see it! I have a ton of emails that I need to get to.... rest assured that I will get to them, soon! I'm not ignoring anyone, just have so much going on with my dad, the baby's bday (which we have big plans with the family coming in tomorrow... sigh), and a new project I'm working on.

OK gotta run now. Please just think of my old dad and hope that things get better soon...

22 Comments:

Blogger Rona said...

Oh Corina! How awful for you and for your dad! Thank goodness he lives with you now, otherwise you'd never have known! :( Prayers going out to your dad...hope he gets everything that he needs and starts to feel better soon!

Happy birthday to your little kiddo!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of youo and your family!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Shannon Bieger said...

Oh Corina, I'm so glad you called the doctor!! I will be praying for your Dad! (((hugs)))

4:56 PM  
Blogger Bretta said...

Corina, so wonderful you are there for your dad like this! We miss you but family comes first, so take of each other and yourself. My prayers are with your dad and your family! HUGS!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your Dad. He will be in my prayers and I hope he is feeling better soon!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your Dad. He will be in my prayers and I hope he is feeling better soon!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Corina!! ((HUGS))
I'm so sorry to hear this about your Dad! I'll be keeping him and you in my prayers!!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers for your Dad!

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corina. Take care. My thoughts and hopes are with you & your family. Happy Birthday to the baby. Give an extra hug to the hubby.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Emilie said...

Hey sweetie!! I hope your dad will be ok very soon!!! All my thoughts are for you and your family!!
{BIG HUGS}

5:24 AM  
Blogger Maby said...

Hi Corina, Im so glad that you called the doctor when you did and that your dad is being taken care of. What a blessing that he was living with you and that you guys were watching over him. Hope all is well and that he feels better soon. Happy birthday to the Mini-Corina :)

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Corina, how terrible for you and your dad!! I hope that he gets well soon. That has to be so stressful for you! I'm so glad you called the doctor!!

Happy birthday to your little girlie too!! :)

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Happy bday to your little one too! Hugs!

8:07 PM  
Blogger justkc said...

I was missing you today so I came to see if there was news here, and I am so very sorry. :( I am thinking about you and your family and pray that your dad feels better soon.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for you daddy and your family! (((hugs)))

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way, Corina. Hope your dad gets well soon! :)

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*HUGS* My toughts and prayers are with you. Hope he gets well soon! :)

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Corina. I am so sorry. I am thinking of your dad and I hope you are doing better today.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Corina, So sorry to hear about your dad, Gald you took em in to be thoroughly checked out. Hope he feels better soon and Happy Belated B-Day to Baby Corina! Take Care

4:19 PM  
Blogger Darcy said...

((((HUGS))) Corina...I do hope that the hospital visit will help restore your father and that you can get him home again! We'll be praying for you and your family.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending lots of prayers your way!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Corina! I know how important "daddys" are. I lost mine and I will pray hard that he regains his health so you can have him for a long time! ((((((((((CORINA))))))))))

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com