I have...
written this blog entry at least 4 times in the past 2 weeks, but nothing even sounded right or appropriate. Hopefully, this time I can get it right and get it over with!!! But first... in case you are here strictly for a corina freebie and don't wanna here a bittersweet story here is what ya get:

Just a little paper pack I actually have had now for almost a month! I worked on it while at the hospital when my father was there and was going to do a kit with it, but after I received so many PM's, emails, and saw all the kind words and posts at DST regarding my father, I figured that I would give it away instead to say "thanks". So, here is the linky for you:
http://rapidshare.com/files/10884645/corina_snowbunnies.zip.html
And now onto the post that I could never get "right"....
As I said, so many people have emailed me and sent private messages regarding my dad. I think I probably only responded to a couple of them because after being at the hospital for so long each day, the last thing I wanted to do was be on this thing! But I did want to let everyone know here that I am doing well... as well as to be expected anyways. December was such a rocky month. It felt like I was on a roller coaster at times. One day my dad would be talking and awake, the next he was completely lethargic and didn't even open his eyes, and sometimes he was talking about getting up to walk around.
In the last days at the hospital, the doctors could not find 1 particular thing that was causing such fast deterioration of his body. There was mention of ASL (Lou Gehrig's disease), but in the end.... I didn't feel like I needed a "name" for what he had and felt like the surgery to get the biopsy wasn't worth it since he was having such a hard time already with everything else they were doing. The doctor and I had a meeting 3 days before Christmas and it was then she told me that there wasn't anything else that they could do for him. His body was starting to reject the tube feedings, so nothing was going "in" at that point. She told me it was time to look into hospice care. Even though I knew he wasn't going to "recover", NOTHING could ever prepare someone for these words... she gave him less than a month to live. I knew without a doubt that I had to have him come home... I knew that there was no way I could live with myself if I got a phone call from a nursing home saying that he passed away... alone. So I asked her to give me until after Xmas to prepare the house, get a full time care giver, and get myself ready emotionally for this.
So, on Tuesday December 26th my father arrived at our home by ambulance. The nurse I had hired NEVER showed up which made for a very hard and long night taking care of him. I stayed by his side, gave him his meds, changed him, made sure he didn't try to get out of bed, etc. I don't think I slept more than 1/2 hour. There was one point during the night that I was giving up hope that I could handle this and the thought ran across my mind that I would need to bring him to a home, but hospice and the nurse I hired arrived that next morning and things settled down a bit. My father didn't really wake up that day... opened his eyes a few times, but that was about it. I asked if he needed anything, if he was in pain, he answered no.
That night, the 27th, Joe and the nurse took care of my dad so that I could finally get a little sleep.... then like a blessing in disguise, at 6:30am on the 28th, the relief nurse showed up to take over for the night nurse. I got out of bed to answer the door, let her in, checked on my dad and asked the 1st nurse how his night was. She said it was fine, nothing much happened. I got the relief nurse up to speed on my dad and at about 7am, I left them in his room and went right into the next room to my office to call hospice about some meds I needed some info. on. Within 2 minutes, I heard my father coughing, somewhat trying to catch his breath... I ran into the room and immediately knew it was happening. Hospice had given me some "signs" too look for and one of them is breathing described as a "death rattle". I began to cry of course. My dad opened his eyes, I asked if he was ok, if he needed me to do anything, if he had pain... he said no. I asked the nurses to leave the room. The very last words he heard from me was "Blake wanted me to tell you that he loved you, we love you". My father closed his eyes, his breaths got further and further apart, and by 7:15am.... his breathing and pulse had stopped. I stayed with him for another 15 minutes or so, held his hand, and cried.
I know it sounds weird, but all things considered... it couldn't have happened any better and I have very few regrets about those last days. I feel like he waited for me that morning... it could have happened at any point during the night while I was sleeping, but it didn't. I got to be by his side the entire time, he was at home... his home, around familiar surroundings, and he left the world with no pain. My dad had been so miserable for so long now, I know he is in a better place now. I feel so fortunate to have had it happen the way it did. I know that if I got a call from a hospital or something, I would have regrets my entire life, I would never forgive myself for letting it happen that way and it would continue to haunt me forever.
Since the 28th, things have been up and down for me. There are some times that I feel fine, can do daily things like laundry, dishes, cooking, etc. and there are times where I just start crying and all I want to do is curl up in bed or take a long bath to cry. I miss talking to him. My father was always the first person I would tell anything to, besides Joe of course. Anything that was going on in my life, he was always one of the first people to know. We had an unusually close relationship... besides the few months he spent in Miami sailing after I graduated high school and the 2 months he spent at the care facility this past October/November... we have always lived with one another. It has always been him and I. We were each other's best friends. He was an amazing man and if I can be half as good a parent to Blake and Makena as he was to me, I know that my kids will turn out o.k. He taught my so much about the world, about myself, and about the kind of person that I should always strive to be. My father may be physically gone now from the world, but I know, without a doubt in my mind, his memory will never fade and he will always remain in my heart and mind.
I love you papa....

Just a little paper pack I actually have had now for almost a month! I worked on it while at the hospital when my father was there and was going to do a kit with it, but after I received so many PM's, emails, and saw all the kind words and posts at DST regarding my father, I figured that I would give it away instead to say "thanks". So, here is the linky for you:
http://rapidshare.com/files/10884645/corina_snowbunnies.zip.html
And now onto the post that I could never get "right"....
As I said, so many people have emailed me and sent private messages regarding my dad. I think I probably only responded to a couple of them because after being at the hospital for so long each day, the last thing I wanted to do was be on this thing! But I did want to let everyone know here that I am doing well... as well as to be expected anyways. December was such a rocky month. It felt like I was on a roller coaster at times. One day my dad would be talking and awake, the next he was completely lethargic and didn't even open his eyes, and sometimes he was talking about getting up to walk around.
In the last days at the hospital, the doctors could not find 1 particular thing that was causing such fast deterioration of his body. There was mention of ASL (Lou Gehrig's disease), but in the end.... I didn't feel like I needed a "name" for what he had and felt like the surgery to get the biopsy wasn't worth it since he was having such a hard time already with everything else they were doing. The doctor and I had a meeting 3 days before Christmas and it was then she told me that there wasn't anything else that they could do for him. His body was starting to reject the tube feedings, so nothing was going "in" at that point. She told me it was time to look into hospice care. Even though I knew he wasn't going to "recover", NOTHING could ever prepare someone for these words... she gave him less than a month to live. I knew without a doubt that I had to have him come home... I knew that there was no way I could live with myself if I got a phone call from a nursing home saying that he passed away... alone. So I asked her to give me until after Xmas to prepare the house, get a full time care giver, and get myself ready emotionally for this.
So, on Tuesday December 26th my father arrived at our home by ambulance. The nurse I had hired NEVER showed up which made for a very hard and long night taking care of him. I stayed by his side, gave him his meds, changed him, made sure he didn't try to get out of bed, etc. I don't think I slept more than 1/2 hour. There was one point during the night that I was giving up hope that I could handle this and the thought ran across my mind that I would need to bring him to a home, but hospice and the nurse I hired arrived that next morning and things settled down a bit. My father didn't really wake up that day... opened his eyes a few times, but that was about it. I asked if he needed anything, if he was in pain, he answered no.
That night, the 27th, Joe and the nurse took care of my dad so that I could finally get a little sleep.... then like a blessing in disguise, at 6:30am on the 28th, the relief nurse showed up to take over for the night nurse. I got out of bed to answer the door, let her in, checked on my dad and asked the 1st nurse how his night was. She said it was fine, nothing much happened. I got the relief nurse up to speed on my dad and at about 7am, I left them in his room and went right into the next room to my office to call hospice about some meds I needed some info. on. Within 2 minutes, I heard my father coughing, somewhat trying to catch his breath... I ran into the room and immediately knew it was happening. Hospice had given me some "signs" too look for and one of them is breathing described as a "death rattle". I began to cry of course. My dad opened his eyes, I asked if he was ok, if he needed me to do anything, if he had pain... he said no. I asked the nurses to leave the room. The very last words he heard from me was "Blake wanted me to tell you that he loved you, we love you". My father closed his eyes, his breaths got further and further apart, and by 7:15am.... his breathing and pulse had stopped. I stayed with him for another 15 minutes or so, held his hand, and cried.
I know it sounds weird, but all things considered... it couldn't have happened any better and I have very few regrets about those last days. I feel like he waited for me that morning... it could have happened at any point during the night while I was sleeping, but it didn't. I got to be by his side the entire time, he was at home... his home, around familiar surroundings, and he left the world with no pain. My dad had been so miserable for so long now, I know he is in a better place now. I feel so fortunate to have had it happen the way it did. I know that if I got a call from a hospital or something, I would have regrets my entire life, I would never forgive myself for letting it happen that way and it would continue to haunt me forever.
Since the 28th, things have been up and down for me. There are some times that I feel fine, can do daily things like laundry, dishes, cooking, etc. and there are times where I just start crying and all I want to do is curl up in bed or take a long bath to cry. I miss talking to him. My father was always the first person I would tell anything to, besides Joe of course. Anything that was going on in my life, he was always one of the first people to know. We had an unusually close relationship... besides the few months he spent in Miami sailing after I graduated high school and the 2 months he spent at the care facility this past October/November... we have always lived with one another. It has always been him and I. We were each other's best friends. He was an amazing man and if I can be half as good a parent to Blake and Makena as he was to me, I know that my kids will turn out o.k. He taught my so much about the world, about myself, and about the kind of person that I should always strive to be. My father may be physically gone now from the world, but I know, without a doubt in my mind, his memory will never fade and he will always remain in my heart and mind.
I love you papa....

114 Comments:
I am a fellow pea and I read JC blog daily so I saw your story on her blog a few weeks ago. I am so sorry for your loss:( I just lost my Dad on December 10th so I know how hard it is. I am thinking of you. ((hugs))-Jen
Corina,
My heart goes out to you and what you have gone through. Your story touches me, especially about the relationship you had with your Dad. You are a strong woman. My thoughts and prayers are with you. (((hugs)))
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, Corina. {{HUGS}} I AM glad to hear that you got to be by his side taking care of him when he passed though. And I'm sure that meant the world to him as well. Take care of yourself and if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask, okay?
{{hugs}} Im so sorry for your loss. I lost my father almost 14 years ago to a massive heart attack. I didn't get to say good bye to him.
God has mysterious ways of doing things. I agree with you that your dad was waiting for you to be there.
It does get easier with time. It hurts for a long time but it will get easier to get by day by day.
{{hugs}}
Thank you for the freebie. It totally wasn't expected at all.
Thank you for sharing your story of love and respect for each other.
Oh Corina, I'm sitting here crying. I'm so sorry for your loss..BIG hugs to you and your family
Hugs Corina! I am so sorry that your dad passed but I am glad that he was home and you were able to spend those last moments with him...I am sure those memories will be with you forever. Keeping you in my thoughts!
Corina,
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
(((Hugs)))...i'm so sorry for your loss. Reading your story has brought tears to my eyes. Take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
You are very lucky to have such a good relationship with your dad. Mine isn't so good. Take care...
Corina, I'm so sorry for your loss!
Corina,
My heart hurts for you. I am so glad you had those last days with him. You are a gift to those around you and to him you are a treasure. Big hugs.
Corina, so terribly sorry for your loss. I work in the elderly care field and it is truly hard for me to watch family's suffer a loss. You truly are a strong person for taking your father into your home! Be greatful for every day you had with him and his memory will always live on.
Corina --
You have my hugs and prayers, girl. I know what you are going through, as I lost my own dad (but much more suddenly, due to a massive heart attack) when I was 25. That's been almost 7 years ago now, and there's not a day that goes by that I don't miss him and think about him. That will never change. But the hurt/grief does. It doesn't leave, really, but it changes, becomes something that you find easier to deal with eventually. I am so glad you got to be there, with him, at the end -- that is such a valuable thing. I wasn't with my dad when he died so I didn't get to say goodbye, you know? Just remember that grieving is a long long process and it's totally weird and different for everyone. Don't be hard on yourself on the days when all you want to do is cry. Cry. Take it as it comes. That's how healing happens.
If you want to talk about anything, email me or find me on hello.
Love you--
Aud
Corina, I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. (HUGS) I'm glad that you were able to be with him in his final moments, he is in a better place now and is looking down on you :)
Take care sweetie and everyone is here for you
I am so sorry, Corina! Big, big hugs!
Corina, what beautiful words... I'm sure your dad is very proud of you and look at you from where he is.
{BIG HUGS}
Love ya girl.
Emilie
(((Corina)))I have said it before but you are just the best daughter and best friend any parent could ask for. I had a relationship like that with my Mom and I still miss her so. I pray that my daughter will be the kind of daughter that you are. I share in your tears and I hope you will let us know if there is anything you need. You are, as always, amazing.
Hugs,
Davita
Corina,
Your words touched my heart so much. I hope that things are going better. Hugs,
Corina,
I will keep you in my prayers. The love between you and your dad is so touching, it moves me.
I just had to come over here and give you a huge, virtual HUG!! I am so sorry for your loss - your dad sounds like he was an awesome man... Your story has had me in tears since I first read it on Jesiica Claire's blog... ((hugs))... and praying that God continue to give you peace... :)~Marsha
Corina, my heart goes out to you. I'm sure your dad will always be with you.
Corina - I can imagine how hard it was to write your blog entry especially one that was so heartfelt as yours. I read it and could understand all that you went through having gone through it myself with my FIL and then my beloved grandmother. You put into words feelings I haven't yet been able to write about so I thank you. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts....take care.
I'm so sorry for your loss Corina.
You are in my prayers.
Corina, I'm so glad you could be with your father and hold his hand as he left this world for his next. I know your heart has a lot of healing to do but I am sure with the love of those that surround you, your thoughts of your father will always be happy. You have such a wonderful treasure of memories you can share with your little ones when they ask about your father...you truly are blessed by your relationship with him. Blessings to you and your family.
hugs hugs and hugs! You expressed yourself beautifully. Prayers and confort to you and your family fright now.
Oh girl, my heart still breaks every time I hear about your dad's passing. Sending you lots of love and hugs.
This was such a moving blog entry for me. The relationship you had with your father reminds me of my husband and his father. We were married in March 2003 and expecting a baby August 2003. In April my father in law started to go to doctors because he wasn't feeling well. He deteriorated very rapidly and the doctors could not find out what it was that was causing it. To make a long story short he ending up passing away July 30 2003 (he was only 52)and we had our daughter (his first grandchild) August 26th 2003.
I absolutely understand how you look at your life differently after the passing of someone you were so close to. For us, it has taught us that you aren't guarenteed a long life with your family, that at any moment things can change, we are much more thankful for the everyday things.
My husband and I both still weep somedays that he never got to meet his grandchildren, but we also think that it gave everyone in the family something joyus to look forward to, a way to pull themselves out of the grief they felt.
Let your sadness for your fathers passing be replaced with happiness on your upcoming wedding day and know that he is still there with you and especially in your heart.
Dixi (2BG)
Oh Corina... I am bawling my eyes out right now. I'm so glad you were able to be at his side. My prayers still continue for your strength and peace. (Hugs) to you and your sweeties-
~Julie
Oh Corina! I'm so sorry! You story about relationship with your dad brought tears!
{{{HUGS}}}
Ripal
Corina-What a beautiful post! I think about you all the time hoping you are doing okay!
When you're up to it, I'd still love to come visit you-shopping, coffee, lunch you name it!
((Hugs))
Julie
Oh Corina....my heart just goes out to you at this time. My dh's dad passed away in his sleep (he was 53) on the 21st of December. There was a lot left unsaid between my husband and his dad and he would give ANYTHING to have it happen the way you described here. My dad fell and broke his hip two days ago and is in the hospital right now trying to clear up pneumonia so they can do the surgery..and your post really touched me, and made me think that I still have some special time with my pop and shouldn't waste a second of it. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
So sorry to hear of your loss. It's a long hard road -- my father passed 6 years ago, just after the birth of my daughter. But at my brother's wedding a few months later (outdoors), a butterfly kept landing on the bride and groom. sounds wierd but we sort of felt that it was there for a reason, you know? Even if not, he was with us for sure!!
I am so sorry about your dad.
Huge ((HUGS)) I am so sorry for your loss Corina and I am sure it meant the world to him to get to spend his last days at home with his family. ((HUGS))
Corina,
I was so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. This is the sweetest note...you were a wonderful daughter to him. I'm glad you were able to be by his side...I'm sure that helped comfort him so much. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Kathy
Corina, I'm so sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you were able to spend those last days with your father. You and your family will be in my thoughts.
oh Corina, my heart breaks with you. I'm so glad you were able to be with him for his last moments.
Hugs to you, sweet Corina. I'm so sad for your loss and for the pain that accompanies that loss. Please know my prayers are with you. So glad you have wonderful memories to warm your heart. Love!
Corina,
I am so very sorry for your loss. I have to say that it sounds like you did everything you could and even more after that and you did it all with diginity, love and compassion which is so wonderful and difficult at such a time.
My prayers are with you and your family and I hope you are comforted like a hug by all the beautiful memories it sounds like you have of your loving father. God Bless,
Rebecca
I'm so sorry for you loss :( You are in my prayers.
Tears were running down my face as I read your story. I wanted to say I am so very sorry for your loss. So glad you were with your dad and the last thing he saw was your loving face. May your memories give you comfort. You now have a very special guardian angel. May God wrap His loving arms around you and give you strength.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Hugs to you Corina! I'm so sorry for your loss but know that you're Dad is in your good hands. I know the feeling because I lost someone very special to me too a few years back.
Take Care and Be Safe!
More Hugs..
God Bless you and your Dad. Whatever the reasons are for the cycle of life being the way it is, I hope it is really great.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. Losing those closest to us is the hardest thing we can go through. Allow yourself time to cry and grieve. Be gentle with yourself and take the time you need for you. I admire your strength through this and I am sure that your dad is smiling down on the daughter that he raised. (((((hugs))))))
Oh, I'm blubbing all over my keyboard - hugs Corina
Oh Corina, thank you so much for taking time to think of us right now and for sharing this paper pack with us (it's lovely).
Keep your family and your memories close to you and please know there's a whole lot of people thinking about you and wishing you good things.
Sandy
I am sorry for your loss {hugs}
I am glad you got to be with him when he passed. You and your family will be in my prayers.
My heart just aches for you, Corina. I'm so happy you got to be with him during those last few days and minutes. You've got such a big year ahead of you and I know your dad will be watching and smiling down on you. Sending all my love and hugs, T.
Hugs to you Corina!!! I work in a nursing home and it's so hard to see these sweet people pass away with no family around them. I am greatfull to you for the time you took in your life to spend the ending days with your father. It sounds like he was a great man and you two had a wonderful relationship! Thanks for the update!
Oh and you DID win the photo contest thing right?! :)
I'm so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.
Oh now I am sitting here crying my eyes out. I am so happy that you were awake and you got to tell your Dad you all love him. He is pain free now and your children will always have a special angel watching over them. ((hugs))
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corina,
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Reading it brought back the memories of this past Oct when my MIL passed away. The death rattle we heard for 24 hours is a sound I will never forget. My thoughts are with you & your family.
Hi Corina,
I am truly sorry for your loss,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
Scrapper's Anonymous
aka Micheline Martin
Corina - I'm so sorry. :( I'm glad that you have some peace and that you were with him when he passed.
Corina:
My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for your pain. I'm sitting here bawling like a baby. I knew what I would read when I came to you blog, but I also knew I needed to read your story. I'm also going to go call my dad right now and tell him how much I love him. You have my biggest hugs. You are an amazing person and the best daughter you father ever could have asked for. You two were so lucky to have one another and I feel honored you shared your story with us.
You are an unbelievably strong, caring, wonderful woman, Corina! My heart aches for you, and I cannot imagine going through what you have, so strongly! My thoughts have been with you throughout this time. I've shared tears with you (and again now) and I don't even know you personally, but I would be lucky to! Your Dad was lucky to have you, and I just know that he was at peace with you by his side, and now. *HUGS*
Hi Corina-
I just wanted to give you a big hug, I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts,
(hugs)
Corina, I'm so glad to hear you went with your heart and you were able to be with your dad. {{Hugs}} for you and your family.
~Mary~
Corina, my heart breaks for you. I am so glad that you got to be by his side on his last minutes.. He must be so proud of you!!
(Hugs) Vera
I am so very sorry for your loss Corina. Your relationship with your Dad is so touching. It will be with you always. My thoughts and prayers are with you. ~Sari
Corina (((HUGS)))
I can't imagine what you have gone through or what you are going through now. This was very hard for even me to read but I know if I was in this kind of situation I would want to do it just the way you did!! I admire you for everything you have been though. Please don't stop talking to you Papa...he will be listening.
you are in my thoughts and prayers...
Corina,
You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Alissa
Oh Corina,
I'm so sorry for everything you are going through. You are truly a remarkable woman to make the allowances to have your father spend his last days at home. God Bless, Robin
Adding in my hugs with everyone else Corina. I'm glad that you have no regrets hun and that your dad was able to be with you too!
{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}
corina corina......been thinking of you and saw your post on dst...so you must be doing "better".
I read your post and have been there with both my day 9 years ago and my mom 10 months ago...I do believe both of them "waited" until all 9 of us were there before they passed on. it is a difficult and amazing experience to go thru... and it takes time to feel "normal" again.......Im thinking of you ~
Audra
Corina, so beautifully written. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am glad at least you were able to spend that time with your dad at home, they way he would have wanted. I am sure that helps bring you the peace your heart needs and deserves. My prayers and hugs are yours!
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad five years ago this past Christmas Eve and I was able to be with him so I know what you have been through. How fortunate that you were able to bring him home with you and care for him. I couldn't do that since I lived 800 miles away but have regrets even though I know it wasn't possible. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Oh Corina - you expressed yourself beautifully. I am so glad that you were able to be by his side when he left this world and that he got to be at home. Lots of hugs and prayers for you sweetie!!
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad Corina. But what a blessing that you got to be by his side for his final moments on earth. You & your family will be in my thoughts & prayers {{hugs}}
Corina - I am so sorry about your dad. I'm glad you got to be there with him. You will never regret it. I will be praying for you and your family. (((hugs)))
(((hugs)))
Thank you for the papers.
But more importantly, I want to send my thoughts and prayers to you for your loss. I lost my dad about 6 months ago, and was unable to get to him before he passed. I made all the decisions for his care from another state. I was blessed to have a friend help me in a very personal way to connect with my dad and tell him that I loved him before he left this world. I am feeling your pain as I type this...
Im so sorry...
((((Corina))) My deepest condolences. I am glad to hear that you got to be with him and at 'home'. We all love you shuga and please know if you need anything, just holla! Huge Hugs....
I'm so sorry about your Dad. I know how hard it is. I too was with my Dad when he passed away. Time will ease the pain and he will live on in your heart forever.
CorinaBaby --
I wish I could give you a big hug. I've been bad about dropping you a note; mostly cuz I'm *bad* at that kind of thing. I'm not a good comforter. I'll do anything for anybody but try to make them feel better.
I know when I'm hurting, I just want to be left alone, so it's hard for me to even imagine the words to say or that I'd want said TO me, so, on the whole, I am silent.
Just know I've been thinking of you a lot and hoping that you can heal soon. It sounds like you're on the right track.
I'm minutes away. Let me know if there's anything I can do (except sit and try to comfort you. ;))
Chele :)
I am sorry to hear about your loss. What a beautiful end of a beautiful life, I cryed my eyes out reading it. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Marybeth
Oh babes, I've been thinking about you since we heard the news. I'm so sorry for your loss. Much love to you and your family. xxx
Oh Corina...I am so sorry for your loss...I have been thinking of you, what an amazing daughter you are. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Kelly
Reading this brings back so many memories, my grandma passed away in August, almost the exact same way (she had cancer since before i was born but it popped up in her liver one day and they said she had a month or so to live) It turned to a week, to days, they set up hospice and when we finally got out there, it was hours. We were also told of the "sings" to watch for. She passed away to one of her favorite tapes of Lorie Line singing How Great Thou Art and Amazing Grace with all of us around her. I will never forget it.
I'm so sorry for your loss, your father sounds like he was a very wonderful man. Take care.
Sarah Jones
Corina, I'm sorry for your loss. Never got a chance to say goodbye to my dad, he died suddenly in his sleep. I'm sure it was a great comfort to him you were by his side.
Michelle
Many hugs and prayers to you, Corina. I lost my dad in very much the same way in August 2005. There are no words to comfort you or make the pain go away. Just know that you're being thought of.
Angela
ahh sorry for your loss. what a gift you have him though, in many ways. Take care.
Corina, we all know there's a process to our grief but I pray for the day that thoughts and memories of your dad will make you smile more often than cry. Being at his side was a gift to both of you. Blessings to you and your family.
Corina, big hugs to you. So terribly sorry for your loss. I'm sure your dad is resting in peace now. Mine passed away last October, and I just know how you feel. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
(((Corina))) I'm so very sorry for your loss - but I'm so glad that you were able to be with him when he passed. I was alone with my dad when he passed away (nearly 15 years ago now!) and I felt SOoo blessed and thankful that I got to the hospital in time (husband and I had gone out of town to visit his mom, and got a phone call late at night, and immediately headed back home in the middle of the night, even though my mom told us to wait until morning - I just KNEW I HAD to get there immediately. I will ALWAYS be grateful that my husband didn't say no to my request (demand?) that we leave immediately, and that I was able to be with my dad (if we had waited till morning, it would have been too late.) I also witnessed that change in breathing, and it is a really terrible sound, and one that you think you'll never forget - but eventually, it fades. And eventually the pain starts to fade, and is replaced with happy memories of the good times you had with your dad. You will certainly be in my prayers. I know your Dad must have also been very grateful that he had you with him - you are a wonderful daughter to him! Little by little, maybe slower than you'd like, but each day it will get a little bit better for you - not that you won't have unexpected tears - but as time goes on, you will begin healing, and remembering your father more with joy and less with tears.
(((Hugs and prayers for Corina)))
Jill D
I don't know you but my sympathies on your huge loss. I'm glad you could be there in the end.
Such a loving tribute and remembrance of your father, Corina. My mom died last year, Dec. 30th, under hospice care in my home, so everything you wrote really resonated in my soul. Great big hugs to you, things will never be the same, but it will get easier. And I truly believe that the souls of our loved ones always remain a part of us. He'll always be there watching you be a great mom and watching your children's accomplishments. Bless you, sweetie!
Margie
aww this made me cry...I know how hard it is to lose a loved one..will keep you in our prayers
i'm feeling your loss. i'm really touched and made me miss my papa back in Davao. you are one strong woman indeed! take care always!
corina,
i've thought and prayed for you often these last days. i know you will never regret bringing your dad home - you're a great daughter.
i'm very sorry for your loss. may you continue to find moments of comfort.
lauren
I'm so so sorry...my thoughts are with you and yours, honey
corina ((hugs))
i am so sorry that you are going through this. your father sounds like he was a wonderful parent and friend and a blessing in your life.
praying for comfort and peace.
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes...hugs & prayers to you and your family!
GIRL!! I've been thinkin about you all the time! I'm glad to hear he was at home with you & not in pain.
My thoughts & paryers are with you, take care of yourself! HUGS & more HUGS!!!
Corina I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I was thinking about you during the holidays. You and your family are in my prayers. ((HUGS))
I'm just so very sorry.
I am so sorry about your dad, but what you did for him was just amazing. Big hugs!!!
I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to be with him when he passed.
Sending my love and prayers for you and your family. I share in your tears and hope that time will put your heavy heart at ease... Sharing a link to my blog , so you know you are not alone in your loss. (http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-nyLSXdI9erN90OarLPWtQEyxC1ZZjw--;_ylt=AlDqn0ZrbOrdhtJVW9vHO8m0AOJ3?cq=1)
Lor in WI
Oh honey I am so sorry!!! I sent you that e-amil saying congrats for "winning" pics from Jessica, but I am sure that was the LAST thing on your mind!!! I had no idea things wre going so fast. Your dad sounds TRULY amazing!!!! And you are a wonderful, WONDERFUL daughter for being there for him!!!! I have no doubt that he waited for you, and that it ment the world to him that you were there til the very end.
GOD bless you and your family!!!!!
{{{{{BIG hugs}}}}}
Selena
Nina_VK
Corina, I am so sorry for your loss but so glad it happened with you close and the way you both needed it to. I am thinking of you.
Corina, that was the most touching thing I've read in such a long time. I am so sorry for your loss but at the same time I'm glad that in happened in such a peaceful manner. My thoughts and love are with you daily! Cori
I am so sorry about your dad.
Hugs from Spain
Corina, I am SO sorry for your loss. Please know you guys are still in my thoughts and prayers{{{HUGS}}}
Corina, my heart goes out to you and your family. Stay strong girl.
Corina,
I hadn't checked your blog in quite awhile, as we've been having our own little piece of crazy going on here. I've been thinking of you though. I am so sorry for your loss and am sending big hugs and prayers your way. I am so happy that you got to have him at home with you and be by his side when he passed. I too, could never just put my daddy in a home to pass and just wait for a call. I am so touched by your sharing of these moments.
Awww, sweetie, I am sorry for your loss but so very glad of your optimism. Hugs to you and so proud of you for making the right decision in taking care of your father in his time of need. Obviously, your dad did a wonderful parenting job... Take care.
And, thank you so much for the paper pack... very beautiful and sweet = just like you!
I just had to tell you that reading that was so touching, it was so beautifully written, it made my heart hurt for you. It really does sound like a blessing the way things happened that morning for you. That you were there, that you were aware of what was happening and the things you said to him just before. I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you are a wonderful daughter for the choices you made and for the obvious love you have for your father.
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I am thinking of you and am touched by your beautiful story of your relationship
I'm sorry for your loss Corina.
Corina,
I just read your post about your dad and it brought tears to my eyes. I am so so sorry for you and your families loss. I too lost my dad this year and I know the pain you have gone through, especially knowing how close you were with your dad.
My prayers are with with you and your family!
-Brian
Post a Comment
<< Home