Thursday, November 09, 2006

A preview and my dad...

I swear my life is so upside down right now... so much stuff going on all of the time it seems. I have neglected my blog for far too long and because I have a bunch of new stuff that I have been sitting on and itching ot put out... I felt like it was only proper to show the few of you that come here! Not to mention by baby has been sleeping for over an hour now, a record of sorts with her...



These are some of the new things I have going up at the new site... not everything though. I got tired and bored of doing the preview, so I gave up! There will be at least 1 more kit, a few more element packs, and 15 new templates! Considering I swaer I haven't been on the computer nearly as much as I had been before my dad got sick, I put together a good sized amount of crap! I cannot wait until the new site is done, up and running! The other gals at the playground are so talented and their designs are off the hook... for real... you have got to check them out once we launch!

A little update on pops... it's been a long hard road and its only been about a month now, but he is steadily declining in health and life I suppose. He has basically given up the desire to be around anymore. We were told about a week and a half ago that he would need a feeding tube because his intake was too low (about 500 gm a day) and was continuing to lose weight (at about 86 now). At first he was declining "treatment" and only agreed to go along with the program because I told him over and over again that I NEEDED him at the wedding in March, made no guarantees after that time, but at least I have another few months to attempt to get him to put on some pounds, gain some strength, and get walking. Here is a picture I got of him and Blake on Halloween:

At this point, though, after talking with all the doctors and nurses he is under, I highly doubt this is something that he will pull through... it's been hard to accept that and some days/times I still don't. I have always been an optimist of sorts and keep pretending and/or hoping that miraculously he will wake up one day and want to be here and force himself to eat... but I know how unhappy he really is and has been for a few years now since his stroke. I feel so selfish to "make" him stick around, make him seek the right medical treatment, etc... BUT I feel even worse going into the hospital everyday and watching him lay there, no TV on, staring at the wall, watching his body shut down as each day passes. Just when I think he's on the ball and will do what needs to be done, something else happens... like yesterday he got an infection that made him feel even worse... had a fever, throwing up, etc. so we start all over again. I'm babbling huh? I better stop before I get all emotional again. Guess I just needed to vent my thoughts into words...

Man... didn't think that tangent would go on that far! I expected to talk new product and new boobs! Guess I will save the boobs for another time :)

12 Comments:

Blogger Rona said...

Oh Corina, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad not wanting to fight it out :(

And I'm sure some days, like today, it does get you down. But I'm also sure that on some days, you have this anger at him for NOT wnting to stick around. In moments like these, do what I do with MY dad: BULLY him! My bullying has worked several times on my dad....and he's bouncing back!

Prayers and hugs go out to you, Corina! Hang in there!

GREAT stuff, as usual!

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh do I know what you're going through. I lost my Dad 6 months before my wedding. I wanted so much for him to be there no matter what it took. But it the end, it we really do have little control. Part of my dream wedding was missing but I included him in other ways.

I wish you strength in teh days ahead.

Barb

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corina, I'm sorry to see you going through such a difficult time right now! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! (((HUGS)))

-Meg

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Corina, Sorry things are so difficult. I will keep you and your dad in my thoughts.

I do want to know about boobs though! and your designs have not suffered through your sadness, I need to get my hands on that stuff!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Bretta said...

Sorry your days are so rough right now! I'd actually been thinking about you all morning for some reason and wondering how you were and how your dad was. Glad to see you posted today, 'cause I was going to email and ask!

Hugs and prayers to you and yours, sweetie!

Love the new stuff!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

Just wanted to let you know that when I clicked to see the goodies bigger a nice voice came over my speakers informing me that I won an xbox 360 or whatever. So I thought, "Wow! Corina's really got the whole shebang on this blog thing!"

Needless to say, I was impressed. :)

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corina, I'm so sorry about your dad. No matter how sick they get or what happens, a girl NEEDS her daddy around! I'll be praying you'll have strength and maybe Mr. Corina can give you some lovin' that takes your mind off your troubles for a while...

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad... and it is very good for you to blog about him.. it helps you get through all his.. I know it is hard.. we are going though this with my MIL right now. Hang in there.. and where is the picture of your dad at halloween.. and of course the boobs... LOL

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((hugs)) corina. i'm so sorry to hear about your dad. hang in there chickie.

your stuff is super cute!

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE all your new stuff! (Well, I always love ALL your stuff!)
Sending lots of prayers your way.
May God wrap His loving arms around you and give you strength.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so know what you are going through with your Dad right now Corina; I lost my Dad in May to cancer. And my heart goes out to you! I know exactly how your feeling! I watched my Dad get sicker, weaker, and slowly loose the will to stay... But, we all wanted him to stay, because we were going to miss him and we all knew life would never be the same with him absent... But, now that he is gone to a better place, his suffering is over and he is in peace. Know that life will go on, but differently. And be there for him and tell him you luv him... Your good-byes will be with you forever!!!

P.S. I so luv your stuff; your design RAWKS this world girl, just like you do!!!

Lor in WI

1:04 PM  
Blogger Amy Teets said...

Oh girl :( I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time right now. I can definitley relate with the time/family things :( so the boob thing went good the other day huh :D

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com