Poop Face...Non Scrapping or Family Related Post
As a result of recent events surrounding another lady and the overflow of my inbox... I just need to clarify something that I am completely and utterly dumbfounded about... this might sound jumbled and pretty silly, but bear with me...
say hypothetically you had a friend who joked around and was lighthearted in nature all of the time, never very serious about anything really. Say that friend, both being adults mind you, called you a poop face (yes I said poop face), you laughed about it and even joked back about it with them by saying on numerous occasions that you were their "poop face" and further that "I will always be your poop face", still joking right? Still with me?
Now say that this same friend also said things like "Stop ignoring me ( with an emoticon of a face sticking their tongue at you... you know the one... funny right?)They are still joking... In return YOU joked back... just like the poop face thing.
The dilema... you all of a sudden get hurt by it, voice your concern, and your friend states they were totally kidding.... its dropped and you continue to joke about it the same damn thing!!! BUT all of a sudden, you really do get hurt for whatever reason, but don't really say anything, then stop talking to them completely because you were SO hurt by that.
Breakdown... You basically hairflip on them because you got hurt by them calling you a poop face and claiming you were ignoring them...
Am I right to think that think that this is pretty juvenile or at best a complete misunderstanding that probably occured as a result of the internet and not being able to see peoples expressions and body language?
I vote for the latter...
Did any of that make sense? Am I crazy and insensitive? Oh, BTW, it is I, Corina who calls people I care about poop face... just ask Joe and my son... I have a weird sense of humor I guess. OK vent over
EDITED:
Just to clarify... for those who are thinking "Are you serious?"... yes I am!
say hypothetically you had a friend who joked around and was lighthearted in nature all of the time, never very serious about anything really. Say that friend, both being adults mind you, called you a poop face (yes I said poop face), you laughed about it and even joked back about it with them by saying on numerous occasions that you were their "poop face" and further that "I will always be your poop face", still joking right? Still with me?
Now say that this same friend also said things like "Stop ignoring me ( with an emoticon of a face sticking their tongue at you... you know the one... funny right?)They are still joking... In return YOU joked back... just like the poop face thing.
The dilema... you all of a sudden get hurt by it, voice your concern, and your friend states they were totally kidding.... its dropped and you continue to joke about it the same damn thing!!! BUT all of a sudden, you really do get hurt for whatever reason, but don't really say anything, then stop talking to them completely because you were SO hurt by that.
Breakdown... You basically hairflip on them because you got hurt by them calling you a poop face and claiming you were ignoring them...
Am I right to think that think that this is pretty juvenile or at best a complete misunderstanding that probably occured as a result of the internet and not being able to see peoples expressions and body language?
I vote for the latter...
Did any of that make sense? Am I crazy and insensitive? Oh, BTW, it is I, Corina who calls people I care about poop face... just ask Joe and my son... I have a weird sense of humor I guess. OK vent over
EDITED:
Just to clarify... for those who are thinking "Are you serious?"... yes I am!

7 Comments:
Please tell me this did not really happen? Annabella is right, this is something your child would get mad about, not an adult! Too funny!
I said it before, I will say it again, that girl is whacked!
(((hugs))) corina... i'm totally confused but since you said your inbox was flooded i can only imagine this has something to do with the peaboard.
hang in there chickie.
DID you say PF??... You talkin to me??... You wanna piece a me??... You think your BETTER than me??
(you have to imagine it in my brooklyn accent)
;')
peace out,
jos
That's not what I heard happened. :)
hey annon poster... if you are going to bring up something else... spill it! I still got the email to show ya!
Actually, on second thought... I would really like to know if it was something else because if I did hurt anyone, like really hurt anyone, I would apologize... and would try to make things better. From what I gathered and the last correspondence we had by email... what I wrote in this entry was all that was talked about.
So, anon poster, if you know something and feel more comfortable emailing me... I would love to hear about it. On a side note, since she seemed to get blasted recently, I have wanted to call her... even just to say "Hey if you need someone, I'm there". I know she is extremely sensitive and some of the things people said were downright MEAN. Anwyays, I don't hold grudges... not my style. I also don't like having uncleared air... if ya KWIM...
Post a Comment
<< Home