Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ever want to strangle someone?

I had that moment today when I spoke with a friend of mine... the jist of her story:

*met guy
*married guy after 2 months
*started having problems immediately after (what a surprise)
*stopped talking to me because her husband didn't want her to have friends ( I guess it didn't help that I called him out when I caught him lying)
*fighting continued
*I meet up with her, finally, after about a year. He gets mad at her and when she comes back home after us eating dinner... all of about 1 hour.. he leaves a note saying she disrepected him by being out... yes, I am serious
*they fight, she calls me complaining every other day, I listen but keep my mouth shut
*he finally crosses the line and hits her
*she calls the cops, he gets arrested
*he convinces her he is sorry and will never do it again
*she drops the charges
*he convinces her to buy a house 2 hours away from her family and friends
*she gets pregnant
*then she's not pregnant (KWIM)
*she goes away for two weeks and when she talks to him, he tells her he bought a gun, an illegal one


TODAY

*she returns home to gather her things, he protests, they fight, he hits her again, calls the cops, but doesn't have him arrested

I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore. I told she was wrong for doing nothing. Said he would never change. She needs out... fast. I just want to shake her, hit her head against the wall, something. So, bottom line... edited because I was way too upset last night when I posted and said things a little to harshly... thank you Ness for pointing that out... I just don't understand how someone can't see it?

I know I sound like a biotch, but I have been hearing the same story from her for the past 2 years... I'm getting a little sick of holding her hand. I just don't get it... I won't stop being her friend and I also know that she is the one to ultimately make the decisions, but it does break my heart to see a good person go through so much hell. I do feel sorry for her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craft Tea Lady said...

Girl, did you watch Oprah today? Well, yesterday now... it was on this same thing. But the girl, she got BURNED ALIVE and is totally disfigured for life because she didn't heed the warning signs. Good for you, speak out, let it be known! If she doesn't help herself, you might be the only reason she stays alive. Don't feel sorry for it. Don't back down from it. She is your friend and you know the situation for a reason. Go w/ your gut. It might just save her life.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Corina said...

Ness, thank you for pointing out my harshness. I have reworded my post. Like I said, I was so upset when I wrote this last night. No excuse, but I have two years of hearing her hurt. I'm definately mad at him, not her.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.coolcounters.com